tumblr is currently a place for people not at comic-con to sit and wait for pictures of comic-con to be posted. then cry about how we are not at comic-con.
Happy Birthday, Daniel Radcliffe! (d.o.b. July 23, 2014)
“GIVE IT SEVEN YEARS AND HE’LL BE GIVING YOU JUST THAT.”
I tried to scroll past this. I really did.
Anyone who dismisses her as eye candy didn’t watch the same movie I did, and ought to go sit in a corner and think about their misogyny.
I mean, god, it’s the little things. That “who do you want me to be?” she asks Steve while they’re in the car is just so raw. This is a woman whose entire life has been defined by ‘who do you want me to be?’ and so she falls back on it because she has nothing else left. And Steve doesn’t buy into the trap and just says “how about a friend?”
And god, her face when she thought Nick Fury was dying. The sheer level of silent devastation she’s trying not to show and failing.
I just cannot get seeing this moving and not seeing Natasha. Because if you just dismiss her as eye candy, that’s what you’re doing (I’m looking at you, several male reviewers).
Today’s list of standout Natasha moments (it varies):
- Reaction to Nick’s death.
- Reaction to NIck’s not being dead (she looks so wounded under the physical pain and confusion).
- Suiting up and infiltrating the WSC meeting with Pierce with a gunshot wound to her shoulder.
- Speaking of that, saving their asses shortly after getting said GSW, using a heavy piece of equipment even while she could barely stand.
- Using the widow’s bite on herself.
- That moment where she pauses to gird her emotional loins before she respond’s to Pierce’s jab about the world seeing her as she is (which it wouldn’t, because of course who she is and how she is is not what she’s done).
- The steely-eyed, contained anger bubble gum snap. (Most bad-ass use of bubble gum ever.)
#scarlett johansson is a remarkably pretty woman#and it continues to piss me off that basically as soon as she turned 18#that was all reviewers could see about her#even though by that age she’d already proven herself to be a damn good actress as well#and it’s not like her talent had an expiration date#the moment she was a legal adult
“The years between eighteen and twenty-eight are the hardest, psychologically. It’s then you realize this is make or break, you no longer have the excuse of youth, and it is time to become an adult – but you are not ready.”
You have no idea how long I had to look before I realized this was Emma Watson and Matthew Lewis.
↳ Favourite Book - The Tales of Beedle The Bard
Tip for marathon: take three step, A celebrate it! Do again until complete 26 mile! Very easy, donot forget hoorays!
My kind of cardio!
- Ferit Orhan Pamuk, "My Father’s Suitcase", Nobel Prize for Literature lecture, December 7, 2006.
I am a historian and this is how it happened.
couldnt stop laughing
back when disney channel actually taught real life morals and did a good job of it